To ensure your sneakers last a long time, we recommend proper care and maintenance, including cleaning. You can keep your sneakers fresh with a few easy cleaning steps:
- Dry brush. Remove dirt from the outsole, midsole, and uppers using a dry, soft-bristled shoe brush. No shoe brush? No problem—an older toothbrush will work just fine.
- Make a mild cleaning solution. Mix warm water with a small amount of laundry detergent.
- Wash laces. Remove the laces and apply a small amount of the mild cleaning solution. Massage the laces, rinse, then dry with a soft cloth.
- Wash soles. Apply the mild solution to a soft-bristled brush and brush the outsole and midsole. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Wash and blot. Use the mild solution and a soft-bristled brush or a soft cloth to clean the uppers. Then use a dry microfiber towel or soft cloth to blot and lift as much soapy moisture and dirt as possible. Repeat if necessary.
- Air dry. Air dry at room temperature.
We don’t recommend putting your shoes in a washing machine or dryer or using harsh cleaning products (like bleach). And for best results, clean your sneakers as soon as they get dirty. Then lace up and get back out there.